Name: Dave DeCrescente
Time zone: EST
Occupation: Student/Electronics Technician
Tell us a little about yourself.
I work at GE part time 18-22 hours a week, and I'm also in college right now pursuing my bachelors degree. I'm aware of your raid times and schedule and making them won't be a problem. I'm pretty laid back and have a good sense of humor.
How long have you played WoW?
I've been playing since Nov 08. I don't have any pre-wotlk experience.
Total time on this character?
30 days, 20 hours, 22 minutes, 11 seconds.
Do you intend to play long term?
Yes, I enjoy raiding.
B. System Information
What are your system specs?
Intel Core 2 E8400 3.0ghz.
500gb raid array for playing games.
evga 7600gx, 512mb, ddr3 over-clocked.
Do you have any disconnection problem at all?
No, but sometimes during the crazy ice storms the northeast has seen the past winter!
Average Latency while raiding?
Average FPS in raid during a boss?
C. Raiding and Character information
1. Character Name | Spec | Class
Kaleis | 0/13/58 Resto | Shaman
2. Are you exalted with Sons of Hodir or a Scribe?
3. What is your raiding experience Pre-BC? In BC? WoTLKWoTLK? Specify if in a leadership role.
I have no pre-BC or BC experience. I have completed naxx 25 (everything but immortal), 25 eoe (minus 6 min), 2D Sarth, Ulduar 10 hard modes (FL,XT,Council,Hodir,Thorim,Freya) and regular Yogg. Ulduar 25 up to general (current guild's attendance has dropped drastically over summer). Also some of the new ToC bosses. All of the above experience is while healing.
4. Provide an armory link to your character:
Armory is under maintenance, will provide asap!
Here is a link to wow-heroes in the meantime.
5. You will need a lot of consumables to keep up with the pace during progression raids. Do you have the will and time to put in enough effort to keep an adequate amount?
Yes, I'm an alchemist elixir spec, so flasks won't be a problem, and I buy my food because my cooking is low.
6. Will you come to a progression raid having already read any available information relevant to encounters?
7. Post a WWS report / Wow Meter Online of a three recent raids in your guild. This is REQUIRED for ALL applicants.
9. Post a screenshot of your UI while in a raid environment (in combat). (Give a list of any relevant addons not shown.)
I do not have any screenshots of raid, however I do show my focus frames, cast bars, and location of my dbm bars/warnings.
D. Dual Spec
1. What is your off-spec?
Currently enhance, but if there are no intentions of me going dps, I would run with 2 healing specs, one for raid healing, one for tank healing.
2. What is your gear for your off-spec?
My enhance gear is decent mix of u10/naxx25.
3. Are you willing to change your main spec and/or secondary spec for guild needs?
1. What are your professions?
Alchemy 450 / Herbalism 450
2. If you have a gathering profession, what is stopping you from dropping it for a profession that benefits your stats more?
Mainly the time and or gold required to change. I also like the heal over time that herbalism gives me as a healer, because I pop that + my racial during key moments (tantrum, lashers, heat wave, ect) and it allows me to focus all heals on raid .
F. Other Questions
1. What is your guild History?
I've been in one guild, Anarchists Anonymous. A friend in real life who no longer plays was a member and introduced WoW and them to me. I became an officer in the guild after 6 months.
2. Why are you leaving your current guild?
I'm leaving because attendance issues have plagued us since the start of June, and nobody has done anything to do it, plus leadership, officers, and real life friends have decided to call it quits. But the most important thing to me, was the lack of having fun.
3. Do you play actively outside of raiding?
Yes, I like to run heroics, arena, bg, and just have fun sometimes.
4. Are you able to take and improve upon harsh criticism?
5. There will be Bench time. Everyone will have to sit at one point in time or another. Are you okay with this?
Yes, and I expect it given Resto shamans reputation as hard mode healers, but I'm out to prove the critics wrong!
6. Why are you interested in joining Reign?
I'm looking for a progression guild that is focused, yet doesn't raid for 6 hours a night, 6 days a week. I think Reign is a great match from what I've read.
7. If your application is accepted. What kind of raider can we expect you to be? Give a brief description of your attitude towards raiding in both progression and farm content. Does your level of play decline during the farm period?
You can expect me to be a dedicated raider, who understands what it takes to progression raid. I've played on teams all my life and know what it takes to work as a team. I strive to be the best at whatever I'm doing. I'm a perfectionist. Even if an encounter is deemed “farm status”, I would still be trying to improve something I'm doing. I like competition and it pushes me to do better.
G. Please complete these questions if you are applying as a healer.
1. What do you view as your primary role as a healer, specific to your class?
Well, pre 3.2 shamans were awesome tank healers with the ability to raid heal on the fly. Given the recent 3.2 changes, we can now be even better tank healers, as well as competing with druids and priests in raid healing. It is mostly a change in glyphs and understanding the difference in play style. I can also proc Ancestral Healing on raid members applying -10% phys dmg reduction. Although it is a chance to proc, it can be kept up 100% of the time without mana issues (like on a tank).
2. What stats do you feel are most important when selecting, gemming, or enchanting your gear and why?
With the recent changes to tidal waves and chain healing, haste is a primary stat to help reduce the cast time of chain heal / healing wave / lhw. That is what I have gemmed for currently, and I love it.
3. What are the strengths and weaknesses of your class from a healing perspective?
Our strengths are Earth Shield and Ancestral Healing. Also the ability to provide 4 other healers 24% mana every 5 min, given they are in my party. Our weaknesses would have to be raid healing, although 3.2 sort of put a bandage over the problem. I'm still waiting to see how I stand against other healers on 25 man hard modes.
4. What do you like/dislike most about healing?
I like the challenge healing provides me while playing the game. You have to constantly make decisions. Only thing I dislike about healing is the Shamans current standing as a healer.
I would like to add that I would be transfering servers. To save some $$, I was going to wait until after this was reviewed to transfer. Please let me know if this is ok.
Thanks for taking the time to review my app, I hope to hear from you soon.