Time zone: EST
Occupation: College Senior / Computer Lab Assistant
Tell us a little about yourself. = I'm currently an 26 year old senior in college. I didn’t start college till I was 22, which makes me the old guy on campus right now…I am currently a Triple Major at campus in Comprehensive Geography, Geographic Information Systems and Mapping, as well as Meteorology and Climatology. I have a pretty serious humor sense, as in a lot of times people can’t tell that I’m joking when I really am. Most of my humor is usually R to NC-17 rating, and I’m pretty open right off the bat. I have no problem jumping right into jokes, or throwing them right back at me. Like I said I have played WoW since TBC was released, and I took about a 2-3 month break near the end of TBC till the start of Wrath. WoW is the first computer game that I’ve ever played. I did play a lot of Xbox and Halo before I got the Warcrack addiction. I have also got a druid to lvl 80 since the start of Wrath, and a Pally to lvl 44. So I am very alt-oriented. I think I have more BoA gear than any player should have.
How long have you played WoW? I started playing WoW, the same day TBC came out…and other than like a 2 month break at the end of TBC till the start of Wrath. I have played the game non-stop.
Total time on this character? Total time is 144 Days and 4 Hours.
Do you intend to play long term? Yes, I see no end in sight for me of playing this game…I’m still trying to decided if this is a good thing or a bad thing.
B. System Information
What are your system specs? I currently play on a 24” iMac. 2.93Ghz Intel Processor, 4GB Memory, and a NVIDIA GeForce GT 130 512MB Video Card.
Do you have any disconnection problem at all? None, I consider this to be one of my best selling points is that I have a great internet connection…it’s not ComCast.
Average Latency while raiding? 50-80ms
Average FPS in raid during a boss? Depending on the fight, but with I having a newer Mac, I’m usually in the mid 30-40’s
C. Raiding and Character information
1. Character Name | Spec | Class = Ghostlore | 18/53/0 Fireball | Mage
2. Are you exalted with Sons of Hodir or a Scribe? Yes, I am exalted with them.
3. What is your raiding experience Pre-BC? In BC? WoTLK? Specify if in a leadership role. = Well my Vanilla raid experience is only at lvl 70/80. I started playing WoW the same day TBC came out. So it was just a questing rush to lvl 70. For TBC, I cleared everything up to M’uru pre-3.0 nerf. I did get both vials from Vashj and Kael before they removed needing them for Black Temple and Hyjal. At the 3.0 nerf is when I took a little break from playing WoW, and started back up when Wrath came out. I have gone back and killed M’uru and KJ now at lvl 80 all though they fights are huge jokes at lvl 80. My Wrath experience is Full Naxx Clear, Sarth +3, 6min Maly, Undying Title, of the Nightfall, Glory of the Raider, 13/14 Uld with 5/9 Hard Modes. I do have experience with Crazy Cat Lady, Freya +3, and Firefigter, also have full ToC clear, with work on Beasts in Heroic ToC.
4. Provide an armory link to your character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Proudmoore&n=Ghostlore
5. You will need a lot of consumables to keep up with the pace during progression raids. Do you have the will and time to put in enough effort to keep an adequate amount? = Yes, I do my dailies every day. As well as I always make sure I come to raid with a Health Pots, Mana Pots, Potions of Speed, Flaks, My own buff food…as well as gold for repairing after a night filled of fun wipes. I have 2 lvl 80’s, so I have the ability to get gold.
6. Will you come to a progression raid having already read any available information relevant to encounters? Yes, I also spend time on YouTube looking for video’s that I can find about the encounters to make sure that I am as prepared as I can for the fight. Plus I make sure I make and macros needed to help with /target of any additional mobs that might need to be killed.
7. Post a WWS report / Wow Meter Online of a three recent raids in your guild. This is REQUIRED for ALL applicants. = I have 4 different reports. The first one is from a Sarth +3 Zerg yesterday, and the other 3 are from a week ago that do not have my both new rings nor my 2-piece T9.5 gear now.
#1 – http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/7431172#damageout
#2 – http://ruined.proudmoore-us.info/25%20Mans/8_27_2009/
#3 – http://ruined.proudmoore-us.info/25%20Mans/8_30_2009%20Freya%203%20Tree%20Attempts/
#4 – http://ruined.proudmoore-us.info/25%20Mans/8_31_2009%20Freya%203%20Tree%20Attempts/
9. Post a screenshot of your UI while in a raid environment (in combat). (Give a list of any relevant addons not shown.) = http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/4084/screenshot081309234625.jpg
D. Dual Spec
1. What is your off-spec? Frost
2. What is your gear for your off-spec? I have a full PvP set, but being a DPS mage…I know this isn’t really relevant, but I do like the Frost for the Faction Champions fight, plus Battlegrounds and WG. I am not a big arena person, but do enjoy the world pvp aspect of the game.
3. Are you willing to change your main spec and/or secondary spec for guild needs? Of course, and I will be looking more into the Arcane Spec once Patch 3.2.2 comes out, but it will probably replace the Frost Spec right off the bat. All of us mages know that Blizz loves to buff Arcane one patch, then destroy it the next patch.
1. What are your professions? Enchanting and Tailoring. I have had Enchanting since I started the toon, and the 2nd has gone from Tailoring, to Leatherworking for Brut’s Drums, to Jewelcrafting, to finally back to Tailoring. I have my alots for my gathering.
2. If you have a gathering profession, what is stopping you from dropping it for a profession that benefits your stats more? N/A. My alts are my gatherers for the main.
F. Other Questions
1. What is your guild History? Well I started out as a lvl 1 on Lightning’s Blade Server in my Roommates Guild called “Karma” I was on that server till lvl 68, when all my RL friends transferred to Whisperwind server, since it was a PvE server and they did not enjoy the play of a PvP server. I followed them, and we started a new guild on Whisperwind called Nexus. I was there till lvl 70, and I left to raid with Ascension since Nexus was a total casual guild and not focused on raiding. From Ascension I went to raid with The Tweflth Man, which had some good in game friends that I had met with. I then raided with Twelfth Man for the majority of TBC. I had to step down from raiding with them due to they raided Weekends only, and I could not do that anymore. I stopped playing right around 3.0 nerf, and picked back up when Wrath came out. I then started raiding with After Life on Whisperwind, and was with them till the guild fell apart last month. From there I transferred to Proudmoore with my guild leader to raid on this server. He has since stopped playing as he is getting ready for AION to start, and I don’t feel like I am a good match with the current guild. This is what brings me here to my application with you.
2. Why are you leaving your current guild? I am leaving for the fact that I don’t really feel like I am a good fit for the guild. Plus they raid a bit late for me being on EST and the server being on PST. I have 8 am classes on Tuesday and Thursday, and being up till after 2am…then getting up at 6:30 am is not the best for a college senior getting ready for Graduate School.
3. Do you play actively outside of raiding? Yes, I do my dailies as well as work on leveling my alts. Raiding is what keeps me in the game, but doing the alts is a nice break from the mage all the time.
4. Are you able to take and improve upon harsh criticism? Yes, if you can’t take criticism you will never be able to improve yourself. Thinking you are gods gift to WoW doesn’t help anymore.
5. There will be Bench time. Everyone will have to sit at one point in time or another. Are you okay with this? Yes, I know getting sat is never fun, but different fights require different raid set-up. We are in this for progression as a guild, and whatever is best for the guild is what really needs to be the best for each individual player.
6. Why are you interested in joining Reign? I’m looking to be with a guild that has fun, gets the job done, and is a place I can call home. I have some friends that are getting ready to start playing, and they know people on this server. So I’m looking for a great guild on Lothar that I can call home for a long time.
7. If your application is accepted. What kind of raider can we expect you to be? Give a brief description of your attitude towards raiding in both progression and farm content. Does your level of play decline during the farm period? = Well you can expect me to be a competent mage that will be on the ball 110% from the first pull of the night to the last pull. I know how to not stand in burning piles of doom on the ground, as well as I know how to not heal Yogg and/or General. I’m always aware of my surroundings to know what I need to do and be able to adapt on the fly. My attitude is raiding is what we are hear to do. Just because it is the 50th time we have killed a boss, you can’t slack and be all lawleasymode. I am personally very happy that Blizz has decided to implement these hard modes. I feel that Wrath raiding has been a massive let down from TBC. Still to this day Kael in TK is by far my favorite fight in the game, and was something that was unpuggable even at the end of TBC. I really enjoy that these hard modes are getting more that way. Gives a better sense of accomplishment when completed.
Thank you for taking the time to read my application, and hope to hear from you soon!